Become An Apprentice
Why Should You Be An Apprentice?
We provide the best quality work today. We currently have 779 members and we are growing rapidly. We cover fourteen counties in Ohio, and two in West Virginia.
Our apprentices and journeymen are trained in plumbing, pipefitting, and welding fields. Continuous training is of the utmost importance to us.
How Long Does the Apprenticeship Program Last?
Do I Get Paid During the Apprenticeship Program?
How Much Does the Apprenticeship Program Cost?
Applications for the Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 495 Apprenticeship Program will be received at the Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 495 Union Hall located at 11306 East Pike Road, Cambridge, Ohio 43725 on the dates and times listed below. Those interested in plumbing, and pipefitting are welcome to apply, In Person Only. Only applications with all the required information, listed below, will be processed.
- We will be taking applications on the following dates
- May 9th 2022 from 9AM to Noon and 1PM to 4PM
- May 11th 2022 from 9AM to Noon, 1PM to 4PM and 5PM to 8PM
- May 13th 2022 from 9AM to Noon and 1PM to 4PM
- May 17th 2022 from 9AM to Noon and 1PM to 4PM
- May19th 2022 from 9AM to Noon, 1PM to 4PM and 5PM to 8PM
- Must be 18 years of age at time of entry (picture ID required at time of application)
- Applicant must live within the Jurisdiction of Local 495; Ohio Counties of Coshocton, Guernsey, Holmes, Muskingum, Noble, Tuscarawas, Jefferson, Harrison and portions of Morgan, Columbia, and Carrol. West Virginia counties of Brooke and Hancock.
- Must have High School transcript or GED with test scores
- Must have a copy of Birth Certificate
- Must have three references
- Must pay Aptitude Testing Fee of $30.00 nonrefundable by money order, cash or credit/debit card
- Must be of good moral character
- Must submit a valid driver’s license
- If accepted must submit to a substance abuse test and background check
The aptitude test that we use is the Differentiated Aptitude Test (DAT) and is provided by Owens Community College. The four portions of the DAT that we use are
Numeric Reasoning (NO CALCULATORS), Abstract Thought, Spatial Relations, and Mechanical Reasoning.
Remember you will still need to show up in person on one of the dates listed above to officially apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsored by the Plumbers and Pipefitters Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee
Online application are closed for this year they will reopen one month prior to the next intake of apprentices